Our grants cover a wide range of needs, including (but not limited to): current and residual medical bills, rent, utilities, car and health insurance premiums, IVF treatments, integrative therapies, travel expenses, and medical hair pieces. If you think that you might be an ideal candidate for the grant, we’d love to hear from you. We’re standing with you, and want to give you hope and support during this time.
- Grants range from $500-$1,500.
- Applications should be completed by an oncology social worker, doctor’s office, or patient navigator.
- All applications will be verified by an AWF representative at a hospital/institution for time of treatment and rarity.
If you meet the listed eligibility requirements, please request an application between 2/1/2018 and 2/21/2018 to email@example.com
We are hopeful that past recipients and their families will help spread our pursuit and pay it forward to help another.
- You are a young adult between the ages of 16-36.
- You are personally undergoing treatment or have finished protocol (within 8 months) for a rare cancer.
- You are a citizen of the United States.
- Please note that Breast Cancer in your 20’s is considered rare. Longterm care & chronic conditions are ineligible.
- Applications Open: Feb 1, 2018 – Feb 21, 2018
- Applications Open: July 1, 2018 – July 21, 2018 Opening pending funds available
The Allyson Whitney Foundation is standing with you.
Shit That I Knit 1-for-1 initiative: Give-A-Sh*t Knit Kits
Young adults undergoing cancer treatment often deal with a combination of physical and emotional trials. If knitting can help, Shit That I Knit wants to give them the materials that can make a difference in their quality of life. In each Kn*t Sh*t Kit, Shit That I Knit has partnered with Lion Brand Yarn to provide wool, needles, a pattern, and anything else a patient may need in order to…