Our grants cover a wide range of needs, including (but not limited to): current and residual medical bills, rent, utilities, car and health insurance premiums, IVF treatments, integrative therapies, travel expenses, and medical hair pieces. If you think that you might be an ideal candidate for the grant, we’d love to hear from you. We’re standing with you, and want to give you hope and support during this time.
- Grants range from $500-$1,500.
- Applications should be requested by an oncology social worker, doctor’s office, or patient navigator .
- All applications will be verified by an AWF representative at a hospital/institution for time of treatment and rarity.
- ONLY one applicant from a facility can be granted an award in one grant round.
If you meet the listed eligibility requirements, please request aan application when the next grant round is open to email@example.com
We are truly hopeful that past recipients and their families will help spread our pursuit and pay it forward to help another.
- You are a young adult between the ages of 16-36.
- You are personally undergoing treatment or have finished protocol (within 8 months) for a rare cancer.
- You are a citizen of the United States.
- Please note that Breast Cancer in your 20’s is considered rare.
- Longterm care & chronic conditions are ineligible.
- Applications Open: June 17, 2019 – July 8, 2019
The Allyson Whitney Foundation is standing with you.
Sh*t That I Knit 1-for-1 initiative: Give-A-Sh*t Knit Kits
Young adults undergoing cancer treatment often deal with a combination of physical and emotional trials. If knitting can help keep their mind and spirit going then, Sh*t That I Knit will help!
A company based in Boston, MA, founder and CEO Christine wants to give them the materials that can make a difference in their quality of life. Sh*t that I Knit, has partnered with Lion Brand Yarn to provide wool, needles, and a pattern to create something to cherish. Totes are given by Emulsion Printhouse. Check out their cool site https://shitthatiknit.com/collections/all